Female FC2 Condom
Female Condom: Get to Know FC2:
What is FC2 Female Condom?
- FC2 Female Condom is a strong, thin, soft, nitrile sheath made from synthetic rubber (non-latex) which is worn inside the vagina. There is a flexible ring at each end. The inner ring at the closed end of the sheath is used to insert the condom inside the vagina and to hold it in place during intercourse. The rolled outer ring at the open end of the sheath remains outside the vagina and covers part of the external genitalia. FC2 Female Condom® is inserted into the vagina before sex. It holds the man’s sperm after ejaculation, prevents unintended pregnancy and acts as a barrier to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including HIV.
Is FC2 Latex-free?
- Yes, FC2 is latex-free and made of nitrile.
Is FC2 Bigger than a Male Condom?
- FC2 Female Condom® is similar in length to a male condom, however, it is wider than a male condom. Once inserted, it lines the walls of the vagina and allows for movement of the penis inside the sheath. It also provides additional protection as it covers part of the external genitalia and the base of the penis.
- FC2 is a pleasurable alternative to male condoms.
Below is a list of advantages to using FC2
- FC2 increases a woman’s sense of empowerment as she is taking the initiative to protect herself and her partner.
- FC2 is a great choice for people with sensitivities to latex.
- FC2 provides an option for those who have difficulty or discomfort negotiating male condom use. (Note: Clients should never use a female condom and male condom at the same time)
- Men do not need to have/maintain an erection to use FC2.
- FC2 can be inserted in advance up to 2 hours in advance and does not need to be taken out immediately after intercourse.
- FC2 can be a source of pleasure for both partners.
- It increases sexual stimulation because the material adjusts to body temperature and stays warm.
- FC2 be used with both water and oil based lubricants.
- The external ring rubs against clitoris and increases pleasure for many women.
- FC2 is not tight or constricting around the penis.
- The inner ring of FC2 can stimulate the tip of the penis during intercourse.
- The man does not have to worry about wearing a condom.
- FC2 a non-hormonal, latex-free device that provides effective dual protection, reducing the worry during sex about pregnancy and STDs/HIV.
How to request Female Condoms
- FC2 can be requested at any of our locations listed on our Condom Locations tab.
- Also, FC2 is an over-the-counter female contraceptive that can be prescribed to patients with no out-of-pocket expense, per the Affordable Care Act.
For additional information on FC2, please visit http://fc2femalecondom.com/